Saturday 25 March 2017

Rain

"Write a poem about being caught in the rain"


Raindrops keep falling on my head.
The old lyric sticks in my head as I
walk the old alley way through to my
house. The rain should bother me, but
it doesn’t any more. I’ve been caught in
too many rain showers to give a single
care at this point. The rain washes away
my struggles, and mixes with my tears.
It takes away my pain and my troubles,
and leaves me feeling refreshed.

My hair is stuck to my head, my clothes
are drenched, I’m soaked to the bone,
but I find somewhere to sit. My
cigarette is soaked; it’s the only
downside to loving the feeling of
the rain cleansing me of my
issues. I smile as I look up to the
sky, and I can’t help but laugh.

I’m free, for now, until the sun
returns. Until the warmth from
the sky boils the fire under the
cauldron of my sins and they
overflow into my veins.

Until then, I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment